Take these basic precautions to protect your home during cold nights
- Remove hoses from outside hose bibs
- Wrap outside hose bibs with foam, or put on hose bib covers
- To help protect plumbing under your house, put foam or crumpled newspapers in ventilation holes around your foundation. (But remember to remove them in the spring)
- For those with well houses, make sure your light bulb or heat source is operating.
When daytime temperatures will not rise above freezing,
Take these additional precautions
- Make sure all rooms are heated, they may have plumbing in the walls
- If kitchen or bathroom faucets are on an outside wall, open cabinet doors to allow some heat to them at night
- Turn on any bathroom or kitchen faucets on an outside wall to allow a pencil lead size stream of water run through the night
- For those of you who have vacant properties in the area, you may want to have the home winterized to protect your investment and prevent the damage caused by broken pipes.
Repair - Replace - Remodel Serving you since 1983
On The Level Plumbing, Inc
We can fix it, We can help!